Complete the Clark Workplace Civility Index located in Doc Sharing.
After you are finished, read the assigned article:
Lachman, V. D. (2015). Ethical issues in the disruptive behaviors of incivility, bullying, and horizontal/lateral violence. Urologic Nursing, 35(1), 39-42. Click HERE to link.
Next watch the video by clicking on the link below.
Reflect on what you observed in the video as you answer the following:
- Based on what you observed, what leadership skills should you, as Masaya’s preceptor, model for your fellow coworkers to promote his acceptance into the work-group or team.
- Does incivility seem to be an issue in the scenario?
- Describe any common themes you discovered among the article, the video and the Civility Index
- Share how you may improve your score on the index based on what you have read.
Finkelman, A. (2012). Leadership and management for nurses: Core competencies for quality care (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 2: Health Care Policy, Legal Issues, and Ethics in Health Care Delivery
Lachman, V. D. (2015). Ethical issues in the disruptive behaviors of incivility, bullying, and horizontal/lateral violence.Urologic Nursing, 35(1), 39-42. link to article