Part I. Complete 5 short answer essay questions (below). Submit your answers on a word document to the following:
1. What competencies are needed for entry level employment in healthcare/HIS/HIT? (Chapter 1)
2. Describe various professions (clinical and administrative) and their roles and responsibilities in the medical office. (Chapter 1)
3. What is SOAP format? Name each section and describe them. (Chapter 7)
4. Define medical coding and list and describe the different code sets. (Chapter 7)
5. Chapter 8 describes different types of health plans. List and describe them. (Chapter 8)
Part II. Complete several reports as part of your “Try It” section of the Connect Exercises for Chapter 12. When the first page of each report comes up on your computer screen, take a screeenshot of the report and paste it into a Word Document, save it to your desktop.
Exercise 12.1 (Creating a Patient Day Sheet),
Exercise 12.2 (Creating a Practice Analysis Report),
Exercise 12.3 (Creating a Production By Provider Report),
Exercise 12.4 (Creating a Patient Account Ledger),
Exercise 12.5 (Creating a Patient List By Carrier)
Exercise 12.6 (Creating a Patient Aging Report).
How to take a screenshot: Find the print screen key on your computer. It may be labeled PrtScrn, Per SC, Prnt Scrn, or something similar to any of these. On some laptops, you may also have to press the Fn (function) key at the same time to enable the print screen key. Press the key or keys. You will not receive any indication the screenshot has been taken and in order to see it, you will have to paste it into your word document. Open Word and press the Ctrl and the V keys. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, you have a program called Snipping Tool that can be used to either save your snip as a picture (jpg) or simply paste into your word document (use paste or the Ctrl and the V keys).